The Hindus believe Lord Shiva known (Mahadev) as the destroyer of ignorance. In this blog, we are going to discuss “What is the significance of 108 major Shiva temples in India?”. Different reason behind the significance of 108 major Shiva temples in India.
There are 108 Shiva temples constructed by Brahmins in the areas of 64 villages located in between the area of Perumpuzha, Gokarnam and Kanyakumari donated by Lord Parasurama the sixth avatar of Maha Vishnu.
There are much significance of 108 major Shiva temples in India, We have explained a few of them:
- As per the Vedic culture, the number 108 is significant in terms of the integrity of existence. Our body is constituted with 108 major nerves which vibrate by chanting the mantra “Om Namah Shivaya” and generate positive energy.
- A structure that is designed to integrate the divinity of human beings and gods is a temple. Hindu cosmos is concentrated in a temple that symbolically represents dharma, artha, kama, karma and moksha.
- All the 108 temples are constructed such that their garbhagriha symbolizes the power of eternity and transcendental.
- The essence of life is revealed when these temples are visited once like in the form of pradakshana.
- The rightful soul of this universe is Mahadev depicting both fearsome and benevolent.
You can also watch the video providing an explanation of the significance of 108 Mahadev temples in India.
Other Source of Information :
We post content and blogs related to mahadev. Please do subscribe to us if you are a bhakt of Mahadev. We manufacture and sell mahadev products to all INDIA. You can place bulk order with us. We will ship the products with utmost care.
Comment “Har Har Mahadev“. if you liked the post.