Lord Shiva is the Adiyogi. He is the first Guru who taught yogic sciences to the Saptarishis. Also, Mahadev is an innocent and highly satisfying god with minimum prayers. It is believed that he easily grants a boon to his disciples when they chant panchakshari. Hence, he is called Bholenath. Place a bhole nath image in your house and chant “Om Namashivaya” daily to get rid of obstacles in all walks of your life.
Mahadev Linga :
Linga form is a well-known representation of Lord Shiva. Linga is also depicted with a human face. The Linga with one or more human faces is called Mukhalingam.
Different kinds of shiva Linga ?
As per Agamas, Mukhalingam is classified as manmade linga. The other type of linga is called Swayambhu linga, which occurs naturally. Manmade linga has three parts:
Different components of Linga :
- The top of the linga, which is Rudra Bhaga, can have five faces. It is the general rule that if linga is having only one face, then the garbhagrihga must have only one door.
- If linga has two faces, the sanctum should have two doors, one in the east and the other in the west direction.
- The location of the door in the west direction should not be there if Mukhalingam is with three faces. The garbhagriha should have four doors if Mukhalingam is with four or five faces.
- Here, each face of bholenath should face the respective door.
- The fifth face is carved on top of the linga facing east direction.
It is easy to find bholenath pics of Mukhalinga at nearby shops surrounding Lord Mahadev temples.
The Pancha mukhalinga is the classical representation of the five parts of the body, the five senses of the body, and the five elements of the earth. These five faces are called Ishana, Tatpurusha, Aghora, Vamadeva, and Sadyojatha.
Each face represents different Lord Shiva’s functions.
- The north-directed face is Vamadeva represents the air element of shiva.
- The south-directed face is Aghora represents rejuvenating and dissolving water element of shiva.
- The east-directed face is Tatpurusha represents the earth element.
- The west-directed face is Sadyojata represents the fire element of lord shiva.
- The upper or skyward face is Ishana represent the Akasha element of Bholenath that is total powerful energy comprising all elements.
One can find bholenath wallpaper on walls of many temples and meditation centers that help to perceive mukhalinga for intense prayers.
Please comment “har har mahadev” if you liked the post.